[extropy-chat] singularity conference at stanford

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue May 16 02:07:09 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Martin Striz

> ...Suppose that it increases the life span of dogs
> from 10 to 11 years...
> Martin

My veterinarian friend estimated that doing CR on the dogs to where they
maintained a svelte waist their entire lives added about a quarter again to
their average lifespans.  He would go as hish as about a third again if
compared to overfed and under-exercised dogs, which he saw on a regular
basis in his practice.  This caught my attention because we humans are
overfed and under-exercised, very much including my vet friend.  I didn't
ask him why he wasn't doing CR himself.  {8-]