[extropy-chat] Bluff and the Darwin award

KAZ kazvorpal at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 20:03:07 UTC 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net>
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:06:40 PM
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Bluff and the Darwin award

> Not completely, of course.  Oil alternatives will be developed if (as
> seems very likely, either in the near future or in a few decades when
> cheap oil supplies dry up) oil prices reach sustained highs - it's
> mostly a matter of economics.  The geopolitical landscape will change,

Actually, it's likely that cheap sources of oil will not dry up because technology will continue to advance.

Remember, three decades ago the prediction was that we'd be out of oil by 1990.

We've gone twice that long, and even now there's no shortage of cheap oil -- remember that forty dollars of the price of oil today is a result of Bush's warmongering (twenty for Iran, twenty for Iraq and the terror war in general), and some of the rest is the result of it being /illegal/ to extract cheap oil, as with ANWR and the coast of florida.

--
Words of the Sentient:
Nobody can give more power than he has himself...no man can by agreement pass
E-Mail: KazVorpal at yahoo.com
Yahoo Messenger/AIM/AOL: KazVorpal
MSN Messenger: KazVorpal at yahoo.com
ICQ: 1912557