[extropy-chat] Diaspora was Bluff and the Darwin award

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed May 17 13:03:25 UTC 2006

On 5/17/06, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Tue, 16 May 2006, KAZ wrote:
>
> >  But it doesn't take Virgin Galactic to prove that NASA's way of doing
> > things is a huge, needless waste. This has long been clear to anyone
> > /not/ needing to justify the budget of their latest failed Mars probe.
>
> Congress critters wanting their district to benefit from NASA's
> budget means the shuttle and other NASA projects are so full of
> pork it almost looks like NASA's main goal is to prove that pigs
> can fly ;)

The whole 'send men to Moon and Mars' project is just a huge boondoggle.
Even NASA and the politicians have realised that the Shuttle and the
ISS have been a disaster and a huge waste of money and twenty years
effort. They then had to face the problem of, How do we scrap the
Shuttle and the ISS but keep the huge NASA pork barrel budget money
flowing? So they invented the man in the moon project.   And they are
now intending to scrap all the real science projects just to keep this
corrupt nonsense running.   The whole thing is a tragic waste.

BillK