[extropy-chat] free market?

Ned Late nedlate2006 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 19:16:55 UTC 2006

This'll be the last post of the day, five posts on this sort of topic are more than enough as you all will agree.
  Of course the free market is the only real market, economically speaking libertarians are correct; yet politically you free marketeers have got to admit to yourselves authoritarian government is here to stay for a long, long time. Totalitarianism has been largely vanquished however liberal democratic confiscatory capitalist states have proven to be more durable than many thought, because-- for one thing-- you can't get enough economists to arrive at a consensus on how to proceed to a free market economy in the first place. We can't even get policymakers to come to a consensus on how to control the border with Mexico for crying out loud, so how long do you think it will be before this country can agree on moving to a free market? Dream on.

>The good thing about libertarians is that their system would limit their agenda and >abuses to what they could honestly acquire, while with authoritarian government the >power to coerce is accumulated into one place, and the most abusive and agenda->driven are drawn to it and use it to cause far more damage than private activity ever has.

"information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not..."
http://mail.yahoo.com