[extropy-chat] Economic consensus on immigration (EP)

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Thu May 18 06:12:26 UTC 2006

At 04:33 AM 5/18/2006 +0200, Anders Sandberg wrote:

snip

>So far the history of the US and EU seems to suggest that borders are
>fairly useless. They are not very good at keeping undesirables out or
>desirables in. Mostly they serve as convenient expressions of legitimized
>xenophobia.

An exact statement Anders.

100 people may have been tops for a hunter gatherer group.  So we are
talking 10 exp 6 to 10 exp 7 larger groups with weapons far beyond rocks
and hunter gatherer psychological traits.

Developing technology (and in some places birth control) has kept the
hunter gatherer war reflex at bay--with minor exceptions--for the last 60
years.

Nanotechnology and related *might* come along in time.  But if it does not,
we are in for an orgy of wars..

Keith Henson