[extropy-chat] Agreement on principles. (was Microsoft)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sun May 21 15:17:19 UTC 2006

"Eugen Leitl" <eugen at leitl.org>

> democracy can NEVER work better than a free market in the long run.

You are absolutely positively 100% correct Eugen, and that's why I find your
position puzzling. A bunch of Linux nerds voted on a E mail standard in a
democratic election and you regard their decree as gospel, Holy Writ, a
fundamental law of the universe. Meanwhile the free market has decided that
it prefers a different standard set by outlook express and you treat it
with contempt.

And by the way Eugen, it's a tribute to how much I value your messages that
I took the trouble to open a attachment and then scroll continuously to the
right as your words wandered aimlessly off my screen; but I don't think I
can keep that up much longer.

  John K Clark