[extropy-chat] Are ancestor simulations immoral? (An attempted survey)

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Wed May 24 20:58:49 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at tsoft.com> wrote:

> Now I'll actually be *very* happy if any AI whatsoever takes
> over the solar system who leaves most of us with lives worth
> living at all.

I think an AI taking over the solar system is more likely in science fiction
than in real life, but yeah, I'll basically be happy if we make it, so that
meaningful, worthwhile lives can continue being lived into deep time,
nevermind whether things could be slightly better or worse.

But even better for me, I might get to send
> copies along with all the live wires who are heading for parts
> unknown just ahead of the FAI.  If y'all will be so kind as to
> let me tag along  :-)

Sure, if I ever manage to build a starship, you're on the invite list ^.^