[extropy-chat] Starship (was ancestor simulations immoral?)

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 05:40:59 UTC 2006

--- Russell Wallace <russell.wallace at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/24/06, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at tsoft.com> wrote:
> But even better for me, I might get to send
> > copies along with all the live wires who are
> heading for parts
> > unknown just ahead of the FAI.  If y'all will be
> so kind as to
> > let me tag along  :-)
> >

> Sure, if I ever manage to build a starship, you're
> on the invite list ^.^

Our hull is due for delivery in 22 years, 10 months,
and 19 days. Let's try to have the engines ready by
then. Or at least have someone in orbit to sign for
it. ;)

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"What I am going to tell you about is what we teach our physics students in the third or fourth year of graduate school... It is my task to convince you not to turn away because you don't understand it. You see my physics students don't understand it... That is because I don't understand it. Nobody does." - Richard Feynman on QM