[extropy-chat] Are ancestor simulations immoral? (An attempted survey)

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 21:56:37 UTC 2006

Hi Russell,

  You might be correct. But are you absolutely certain it's impossible? I recall reading a paper by Nick Bostrom et al. that was concerned that it was *possible* (although not easily achieved) even in light of the evidence of its difficulty - from cosmic rays.

  There are probably other potential existential risks that haven't even yet occurred to any human minds, that a post-human might easily be able to arrange. Eg. Time travel into the very distant past - I agree that it's still speculative at this time.

  Best Wishes,

  Jeffrey Herrlich