[extropy-chat] Freedom and Practicality

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Sun May 28 14:28:53 UTC 2006

> Millions of people die of old age. This is not associated with a highly
> spectacular destruction of high-profile businesses, and area
> contamination.

No. Just with death. Not the photogenic cataclysms of science fiction, but
the dreary, banal death of real life.

Fretting about imaginary catastrophes produces good feelings. Focusing
(directly or indirectly) on the things that are killing people in real life
has a chance of actually producing good results. If we on this list are
going to pride ourselves on being more rational than the average for the
population, let's back that up by taking the second option.