[extropy-chat] PHIL: Derrida and Deconstruction

Ben Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Wed Nov 1 03:40:22 UTC 2006

I don't know Derrida's work well, but I would recommend Jean
Baudrillard's book "Simulations" as a very amusing work of
postmodernism...

Basically, Baudrillard's message is that the whole world is virtual
anyway.  Everything is a simulation, and this has been the
psychological and cultural reality for decades now.  So creating a
physical simulation and uploading ourselves into it (something he does
not discuss) would in his view not be a signficant deviation...

-- Ben G