[extropy-chat] You must be willing to give up everything - the selfidentity quest

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri Nov 3 17:16:20 UTC 2006

It seems odd to find various pieces of my comments the last few days
tacked onto David's message.  I'm not sure what relevance is implied,
other than possibly the implication that I, Max More, Kurzweil and
others think it's a topic worth discussing, therefore David's writing
should be worth discussing?

David, I've seen your writing, mainly on WTA-Talk, and my impression
(trying to give allowance for the language barrier) is one of breathless
enthusiasm but relatively little substance.  For me personally, it would
help if you would use a format that doesn't come across as a sales
pitch.  For example, if you were to make some statement (preferably
something novel, insightful or controversial within the context of the
extropy list), and follow it will some concise supporting statements and
perhaps a statement as to why others might see it as significant.

By doing so, I think you would be very likely to get a meaningful
response.

- Jef