[extropy-chat] META: list delivery

Heartland velvethum at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 4 16:03:07 UTC 2006

Heartland:
>> P.S. For some reason only 1 out of your last 5 messages found its way to
>> my inbox. I could find the other four only in the archives.

Robert:
> This concerns me.  I too have noticed from time to time threads which I
> can't find the start of or seem to have lost the middle of.

Looking at my inbox and the archives, the delivery rate seems to hover somewhere
around 80% which is not good at all. The problem with these mailing lists is that
they are so decentralized. The error could have occurred at any point along the
delivery chain. I suspect that switching from mailing list to a message board
format would have prevented this from happening. Besides, IMHO, message boards are
a lot more convenient than mail-based fora. It's much easier to choose and track
the threads you care about and you don't get "the whole list" in your inbox every
time you open it. Finally, it would be nice to free up that precious inbox space
for private communication only (and spam).

Slawomir