[extropy-chat] it's all understandable, except

Joseph Bloch transhumanist at goldenfuture.net
Sun Nov 5 00:26:39 UTC 2006

My wife (a professional teacher) and I (who have experience as an adult
educator) have discussed homeschooling our daughter. We'd do it, if the
economics work out right, and I can pretty much guarantee that there'd
be no "young Earth creationism" or other such whackjobbery in that
particular curriculum...

People do mention the socialization factor, and it is something to
consider. But socialization can take place in lots of venues (martial
arts, dance, non-school-sponsored-sports), and we've already got her
involved in such things.

Although I must say that I, personally, choose to avoid fluoride. The
damn stuff's toxic if ingested, and over the course of decades, I'd
rather not risk it if I have a choice. I avoid alumnium-based deodorants
for the same reason. There're enough toxins out there that I can't
choose to avoid, I might as well choose to avoid the ones I can. If it's
good enough for Ray Kurzweil, it's good enough for me.

Joseph