[extropy-chat] extropian grandchildren (was: it's all understandable, except)

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 17:22:53 UTC 2006

On 11/5/06, Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:

> Eugene:
> >It would be so ironic if demographics and education would shoot down our
> chance for Singularity within the narrow launch horizon. If we mess it up
> real good this time, our grandchildren might not have an opportunity for
> another shot.

We would *really* have to mess it up if this were to be a probable future
tangent.

If I may interject ...

> And Eugene is interested indeed in children's education and his
> grandchildren. His baby boy, Laurin Leitl, was born 2 November. Mother Kiki
> and little Laurin are happy and healthy.

Nods of respect and acknowledgement all around.

I am struck by my reaction to this information.  Gee Amara gets to godmother
(very cool (my godmother wasn't a dust astrophysicist) but that isn't the
right word to contain my complex mixture of admiration and perhaps
jealousy), Gee, Spike and now Eugen are making babies (one way or another).
Shit, I'm going to have to teach these children and they are going to be
stuck right in the middle of the singularity ramp (is this bad timing or
what?).  And of course if Spike is making babies and Eugen is making babies
then one has to put the possibility of Eliezer or Anders making babies on
the table.

There are a lot of "Oh no Mr. Bill" humor lines that fall out of this but I
will not go there.

R.