[extropy-chat] Sex, Power and Single H+er

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 07:34:36 UTC 2006

On 11/6/06, pjmanney <pj at pj-manney.com> wrote:

>  Well, after what must have been the most active posting period in recent
> memory, this weekend has only proven once again the verities of life:

Master, we are here for the purpose of affirming your realities.

> Sex sells.  (And somehow Sex + Anders sells even more.  Why is that,
> Anders?)

Oh you know, its that whole Swedish thing.  I suspect we all want something
different and Anders is from Sweeden and is merely a surrogate for that.  I
suspect someplace downstream there will be papers written on the topic of
"Anders vs. Swedish cultural history. Good or bad?"  The paradoxical part is
that there are going to be minds which will *think* about this.

> Power corrupts.  (Absolutely!)

And the thing you have to be concerned with is whether Anders or I or
Eliezer will have it first.

> And no one knows who they are.  (If they did, they wouldn't be looking so
> hard for their identity!)

That is of course an interesting observation -- which of A.S./R.B./E.Y.
would give up their identity freely (or lay it out on the table for one to
fiddle with it?)

> Is there a correlation between dysfunctional dualistic sexual unions
> leading to divorce and dysfunctional 2-party politics leading to...
> Armageddon?  Have both groups lost their sense of identity?  Or could it
> just be that they involve the number 2?  Or is it some vast conspiracy?  ;-)

I will state that as of this date (6 Nov 2006) there is no conspiracy that I
am to my knowledge involved in.

R.