[extropy-chat] here's how complicated it is

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 05:57:40 UTC 2006

Having a weak stomach, hearing about metal detectors
in schools makes me queasy. So let's say in the decade
of the '20s metal detectors might not work anymore
because students are bringing new plastic weapons into
school.
Not to be alarmist, the situation may very well
stabilize or improve during the next decade; yet given
how we wait until a situation gets really gnarly,
perhaps bad schools in bad neighborhoods--
do good schools exist in bad neighborhoods?--
will assume SF proportions.