[extropy-chat] Cults and evolutionary psychology (2)

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Tue Nov 7 20:30:46 UTC 2006

As some of you know, I have been engaged in a project for the last eleven
years that (among other things) made me a refugee and has cost a lot more
than your average PhD.

It motivated me to study EP and the strange things that can happen to human
minds sort of like a cancer patient might learn a lot about his particular
flavor of cancer.

Among other things I have followed the adventures of a relatively young
Australian woman for several years talking to her through IRC.  She is now
out of the cult.  She and her daughter are doing fine.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/61744a9f93620dc8?hl=en&

Down the thread there is a very interesting analysis of the cult coercions
by another one who escaped.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/c60c3de47f8442b4?hl=en&

Of course all this need explanation in terms of psychological traits that
evolved during the time our ancestors lived in hunter gatherer bands.

I thought some of you might be interested in the source material for my
postings here.

Keith Henson