[extropy-chat] all that concerns me is the future of education

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 21:43:22 UTC 2006

On 11/10/06, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> To protect the lives, rights and freedoms of people like us?

I'm sure that is what *many* of them would like to believe.  But I'm also
sure, at least from watching recent Armed Forces advertisements, that some
of them are doing it because they get to play with *way* cooler video
games.  And then there are a few who do it because you get to play with
weapons that simply cannot be obtained at the local gun store.

But given recent actions by the executive grant one really has to wonder if
we are not losing *our* rights (Britian is already a pseudo "big brother"
state).  When it was my relatives fighting my other relatives (I'm half
English) it was a relatively level playing field.  But as Tienamen Square
showed it takes real moxy for a single *unarmed* individual to go up against
a tank.  I wouldn't know how to begin to face down an aircraft carrier
(without firepower that cannot easily be obtained by anyone other than
nation-states at this time).

Robert