[extropy-chat] A vignette on incongruent points of view

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 04:57:18 UTC 2006

On 12 Nov 2006 16:41:38 -0000, Peter McCluskey <extropy at bayesianinvestor.com>
wrote:

> rhanson at gmu.edu (Robin Hanson) writes:
> >Why should how we feel or what we think about be determined by where we
> are?

Having recently gone through perrhaps one of the more extreme ends of the
perspective of "reality" I will speak to this --

Summarily: Most (98% to pick an arbitrary number) do *not* understand "where
we are"!!!
Thus you are free to think or feel anything.

But one has to deal with 'What "humanity" "is"' placing a distinctive
impression on my raison d'etre.

I *know* what causes aging, I *know* how to extend longevity yet I see few
benefits on the publishing of such knowledge.  The discussions are pointless
because the system is unwilling to adapt to a radically different framwork.
Everytime you visit a doctor you should ask yourself "Are you going to kill
me sooner *or* later?" because they *do not have* a concept of *who* you
are.

Robert