[extropy-chat] LINKS: Milton Friedman Died Yesterday.

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 18 15:31:09 UTC 2006

Block is probably wrong to write "instead I want to
focus on the positive";  Friedman's controversial
(what isn't controversial in a world of turf-warrior
academics?) advocacy of vouchers, flexible exchange
rates, anti-trust laws, opposing the gold standard and
so forth was positive. Friedman was very positive in
his outlook and sincerely wanted freedom for all-- a
rare trait one might say.

> Nor in this recollection do I want to
> touch upon his
> monetarism, his championing of school vouchers, the
> negative income tax,
> flexible exchange rates, anti-trust laws, his
> opposition to the gold
> standard and to privatizing roads and oceans.
> Libertarians have long
> disagreed with him on these issues, and this is not
> the time to delve
> into such longstanding controversies.
>  Instead, I wish to focus on the positive[...]

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre