[extropy-chat] Atheist Hymn Book

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Wed Nov 22 03:10:10 UTC 2006

> I made an organ arrangement of "Beach Spring
> <www.thomasoliver.net/bchsprng.mid>," but I never thought to compose
> secular lyrics.  Perhaps I'll try.  -- Thomas Oliver

:)  I enjoyed listening to that - although it certainly was much more modern in
harmony than the original. Dispersed harmony is different.

I particularly enjoy the pieces by Billings and Read and others of that era.

Singing Sacred Harp is as close as I can get to "church" now - and that's because I
love to sing and these songs have harmonies and rhythms that speak to me. I cannot
usually be comfortable with the theology, that's for sure.

Regards,
MB