[extropy-chat] 'a process of non-thinking called faith' 2 (2)

Thomas Thomas at thomasoliver.net
Sat Nov 25 10:15:46 UTC 2006

Al Brooks wrote:

>But the situation isn't comparable to the discrete
>situation in Southeast Asia where they could cut their
>losses and withdraw most of the forces. The enemy in
>the Mideast doesn't have a post office box.
>
>So say next year Iraq is in such chaos the allies are
>forced to withdraw, what then? Where do we take it
>from there?

Conflict requires at least two parties.  Lets withdraw from coercive
conflict.
Lets pursue the only valid human relationship:
Trade for mutual benefit.
Lets rebuild the World Trade Center.
Lets deal with terrorists as individual criminals instead of elevating
them to warrior status.
Lets lead the world toward freedom by making our own country more free.

>Just say enough dirt is dug up on the Bush
>administration that both Bush & Cheney are compelled
>to resign. What then? Who would be Chief Executive?

Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House (democrat) . . . Hmm . . .

>Say po' fessors and think tanks get millions in grant
>money to figure out what to do in the region, what
>advice can they offer? It's not rocket science-- but
>what is it?

It's cause and effect.  The ends are consistent with the means.

>You hear and read so much recrimination directed
>against the administration yet what now? And all these
>guys who hear 'Hail to the Chief' in their heads, like
>McCain, and by golly you vote for me in '08 and we'll
>send Defense to the 20 yard line and then do an end
>run. Shucks you vote for little ol' me and I'll clean
>up this mess in I-rack, yessiree. Plus retired
>military guys writing books titled "What I Would Have
>done In Iraq Had You Been Farsighted Enough to Entrust
>Me With The High Command-- But Now It Is Too Late
>Unless You Buy My Book".

Extropian influence might mitigate hypocrisy, might it not?  Surely
there is a more functional order
than taxation with misrepresentation.