[extropy-chat] 'a process of non-thinking called faith' 2 (2)

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 22:23:55 UTC 2006

You're probably right, a great number are going to die in Iraq. Beyond that it's hard to know what to think.
  IMO Nixon's administration was far worse than Bush's, we're still living in Nixon's America. We could theorize Bush wouldn't be president had it not been for Nixon's legacy however speculative such is.
  I don't know what to think concerning Bush, the following might sound ludicrous given your opinion on Bush but it's too early for me to come to grips with Bush, he and his administration do not appear malignant as Nixon and his administration do to this day, but I could be wrong as so often in the past-- knowing the Mideast I surmised after the allies won the war they might lose the peace but the actual course of events is surprising to say the least. Again, simply do not know what to think, where to begin.
  One statement comes to mind: at the end of the Cold War circa 1991 a pundit declared "the world is up for grabs". Sure looks that way, doesn't it?

Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
  We royally fscked it up to the point where there isn't a damn thing
that we (US) can do that will make it better except to get out of the
way and give some aid from a distance. Our reputation has been made
and it isn't good at all in those parts. Our continued presence is
too much part of the problem. As for Bush calling him a moron would
be being far too kind. This is the most patently evil administration
we have had in at least half a century. They deserve execution for
high treason against the American people and their oath of office.

- samantha