[extropy-chat] MISSING: Full Coverage of Max and ExI inWikipedia's Transhumanism

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 08:04:39 UTC 2006

Actually the verb used in Dante's original is "trasumanar" (without
n). It makes sense since the n in "trans" is usually dropped in
Italian, e.g. trascendere, trasferire, trasformare etc.
Of course Dante did not mean technology-enabled transcendence, but
something of a more spitirual nature. At the same time, the concept of
"passing beyond humanity" is there, and Dante could not have imagined
the possibility of using technology to pass beyond humanity.
So I think we can welcome Dante as one of the founding fathers of transhumanism.
G.