[extropy-chat] Music and Science

Ben Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Thu Nov 30 19:52:13 UTC 2006

Nietzsche was not exactly a scientist, but he considered his music
improvisation necessary to his work as a philosopher.  He kept
promising himself to stop spending so much time on it, and once said
"From now on, I will pursue music only insofar as it is domestically
necessary to me as a philosopher."

A sentiment I have expressed to myself many times (my music keyboard
being a tempting 10 feet away from my work desk...)

-- Ben G