[extropy-chat] Tyranny in place

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 1 04:44:50 UTC 2006

bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Joseph Bloch
Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Tyranny in place

It was not tyranny when thousands of Japanese and Germans (yes, Germans too)
were interred during World War II. Was it illegal and misguided? Arguably
so...

That depends.  If they were dead when they were interred, then it was legal.
If not, then not.

{8^D

Sorry Joseph, it was a funny typo, I couldn't resist.  {8^D

... an enemy which is determined to eradicate our way of life and in the
process stifle forever the Transhumanist dream, if only incidentally as a
part of its attempt to drag the world back to the 13th Century. The goal of
the Islamists; a global Caliphate which places all of humanity under strict
Islamic law, is a scenario which must be avoided at all costs.  Joseph

Ja, I often get the feeling that the radical Islamists, if they ruled the
planet, would be less enthusiastic than we are about thawing frozen
infidels.  I suspect they might have little interest in environmental
protection, nor free speech, nor free anything.