[extropy-chat] Tyranny in place

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 19:30:07 UTC 2006

On 10/4/06, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky <sentience at pobox.com> wrote:

> No one gives a damn about AI research, and until that changes, changes
> in other government policies aren't going to affect anything one way or
> the other.

### You are right here, but you may dismiss my worries a bit too
early: One day in the not-too-distant future some high-level
government officers will approve major funding for a general AI, and
today's changes in political culture are likely to have an impact on
the moral and intellectual qualities of these officers. As you note,
even the best intentions of idealistic researchers may backfire
horribly, but the intellectual offspring of evil functionaries is
simply guaranteed to fry us all.

Rafal