[extropy-chat] exit polls

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 5 02:07:39 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] exit polls
>
> At 07:47 AM 10/4/2006 -0700, Spike wrote:
>
> >...  If pollsters are afraid to go in
> >there, they don't get counted in exit polls.
>
> And this explains the *under*-representation of voters for "rightist"
> candidates in such exit polls? (Or have I misunderstood your claim?)
>
> Damien Broderick

I need to review what I posted, but my intention was that this mechanism
would account for under-representation of voters in the exit polls for
left-leaning candidates.  I am thinking of a list of factors that account
for inaccuracies in exit polls.  There were factors on both sides, but this
one looked like a biggie to me, or perhaps my view is being influenced by
the bad section of town where I grew up.  My memory is vague, it is entirely
possible that the list I am referring to was partly derived on ExI.  Did we
discuss this before?