[extropy-chat] TRENDS: Email is so yesterday

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 5 02:49:15 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of nvitamore at austin.rr.com
> Subject: [extropy-chat] TRENDS: Email is so yesterday
>

> Anyone have thoughts on this?
>
> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061002-7877.html
>

> Natasha

I have difficulty imagining that instant messages would have very much
memetic content.  You wouldn't bother thinking out and typing your deepest
ideas into a medium so evanescent, gone like a wisp of vapor in an instant.
I can easily imagine however, content such as "how r u?" followed by
whatever is the mod hip appropriate response to that profound inquiry.

I expect that our own conversations were not terribly deep when we were
teenagers.  It was all about mating at that age, a mostly unsuccessful and
pointless exercise I might add.  This is one way being an adult really is
better than being a teen.

Friends I have no issues at all with being considered an old geezer.  Give
me my email, use groups, my fovorite websites, and I will cheerfuly let the
younger set how-r-u each other's brains out with no interference, objection,
or trace of envy.