[extropy-chat] Cognition enhancement in fiction

Anders Sandberg asa at nada.kth.se
Thu Oct 5 19:43:44 UTC 2006

For my cognition enhancement project, I have decided to not just put
together a bibliography of research papers and ethics papers, but also
fiction that deals with cognition enhancement - improved memory,
attention, intelligence, creativity etc - in an intelligent way. So I
would be interested in what novels and short stories (and poems for that
matter) deals with the subject of technologically enhanced cognition. In
particular discussion of the social effects in a nontrival way is
intesting.

Hopefully I can turn it into something like the nanotech in sf
bibliography at http://www.geocities.com/asnapier/nano/n-sf/

Any suggestions?

--
Anders Sandberg,
Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics