[extropy-chat] Transhuman warning signs

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 10 02:54:18 UTC 2006

Thanks guys!  This reminds me of that sign at the Singularity Summit this
past May at Stanford.  As I entered the campus I saw someone had made up a
nice professional-looking sign that read "SINGULARITY AHEAD" with an arrow
pointing up, indicating the appropriate parking lot.

I have always considered myself an honest man, but temptation gnawed at me
until my sense of moral behavior collapsed under the strain.  I decided I
would go out at the first intermission and steal that sign, then get the
local cognoscenti to autograph it.  So I ran out there, but to my utter
dismay, the sign was gone!  I have but one message to the lowlife thief who
got to that sign before I did: have you no decency, sir or madam?  Do you
think that you are morally justified in this blatant and reprehensible act
of larceny?  What part of THOU SHALT NOT STEAL do you not understand?  If
you auction the sign on eBay, would you consider allowing me to bid on it
before it goes public?