[extropy-chat] Tyranny in place

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Oct 14 22:35:53 UTC 2006

On Oct 14, 2006, at 9:27 AM, Lee Corbin wrote:

> At the risk of replying to the wrong email, I'm responding to
> Russell who wrote
>
>> As it happens, you have tagged my sympathies entirely incorrectly;
>> if you look at what I actually wrote, you'll note that I
>> specifically stated
>> the likes of al-Qaida are our enemies and have to be fought. What I
>> am
>> opposed to is autoimmune disease: allowing our supposed protectors to
>> turn inwards and target us instead of our enemies.
>
> I agree.  In very many ways the government has become an enemy of
> its citizens, but this hasn't started just in the last decade. It
> remains to
> assess how much "we" are being targeted by government when those
> governments attempt to target Al Queda.

Personally, I don't believe that Al Qaeda is their target.  I think
massive expansion of government power and control and a near blank
check for any military adventures they deem desirable is the primary
target of their efforts.  At the least this has been the primary
result.  Oh and the most lucrative and unquestioned federal pork
barrel in US history.

- samantha