[extropy-chat] Probability of identity - solution?

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun Oct 15 14:23:34 UTC 2006

gts writes (hi Gordon!)

> Seems to me that supposed duplicates share nearly the same biological
> nature, even more than is the case with identical twins, but that they
> cannot share the same nurture.

That depends on how recently the duplicate was made. I think that
for suitable reward you'd sacrifice the last few moment's memories.

> Supposed duplicates must be separated in space, at the very least,
> necessitating different subjective experiences and thus different nurtures.

"Nurture" as in the traditional nurture/nature debate is taken to mean a
long term build-up.  I don't identify with very brief experiences, and I'm
the same person no matter where you teleport me and how many times
per milli-second you do it.

Lee