[extropy-chat] Philosophical phylogeny

Jay Dugger jay.dugger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 12:41:30 UTC 2006

I eagerly await seeing more memetic phylogenic trees, Anders. Even
more interesting: your methods and tools for generating these maps. If
you've posted this already, where?

I've not studied graph theory, so forgive an ignorant question. Does
there exist a way to measure messiness?

Finally, for your transhumanist phylogeny do you plan to map an
overlap between science fiction authors and non-fiction works? I think
in particular of three examples. Bernal's influence on Stapledon;
Danridge Cole's & G.K. O'Neill's influence on Zebrowski, Sterling,
et.al.; and Scott Westerfeld's political visualization tools on your
own similar work.

--
Jay Dugger
http://jaydugger.suprglu.com