[extropy-chat] Fictional Singularity Movie

Henrique Moraes Machado (oplnk) hemm at openlink.com.br
Wed Oct 18 15:56:51 UTC 2006

Well,
Hollywood has a bad record on depicting AIs. Usually humans are it's enemy or food or whatever makes it very likely to kill everything. It's like any singularity event would necessarily be distopic.

There's perhaps one movie (which I can remember) where AI is at least interesting. and it's *not* 2001. If you remember the very first Star Trek movie, You'll remember that V'Ger thing.

It looks very much like a product of a civilisation that has come through a singularity. And in the end of the movie, someone is actually uploaded into the AI.