[extropy-chat] Article: Subliminal Nude Pictures Focus Attention

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 13:30:50 UTC 2006

On 10/24/06, Neil H. <neuronexmachina at gmail.com> wrote:

> (If anybody can locate the original PNAS article for this, could you
> post a link here?)

Here is a related link by the same author.
Jiang, Y., He, S., "Cortical responses to invivible faces: dissociating
subsystems for facial-information processing," Curr Biol 16(20):2023-9 (24
Oct 2006).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=17055981&itool=pubmed_docsum

Some "electronic publication" information from jounals tends to lag showing
up in the Journal web (contents) pages (particularly for PNAS I think) [you
may have to be subscribed to their mailing lists].  It will usually show up
in PubMed however within a few days (PubMed does capture ePub ahead of
Print).  So if you look through the "Related Links" to the article cited
above in a few days you should get the abstract and maybe even a link to the
PNAS source article -- but I don't think you can get PNAS articles online in
the last 6-12 months online unless you actually have a subscription (which
is *why* I prefer PLoS journals!).

Robert