[extropy-chat] The Drake Equation and Spatial Proximity.

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 02:48:30 UTC 2006

On 10/25/06, Robert Bradbury <robert.bradbury at gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed.  But advanced ETs with *really* big spreadsheets do not spend
> "pocket change" on pointless efforts.  *We* don't attempt to talk to
> nematodes.

We may not be talking TO them, but we keep talking ABOUT them.

Apparently they make good simple models.  It's amusing to imagine the whole
of humanity as a simplified model of a complex civilization on the orders of
magnitude equivalent to humanity over a nematode.

http://www.setiai.com/archives/000050.html
http://www.nyas.org/ebrief/miniEB.asp?ebriefID=384
http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/publications.htm?seq_no_115=129088