[extropy-chat] it's not natural!

Ben Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Mon Oct 30 15:19:42 UTC 2006

> > This is hilarious:
> >
> > http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/806
>
> > OSLO: A Norwegian museum exhibit of homosexual
> > behaviour in the animal world has sparked
> > consternation among conservative Christians.
>

> Damien, this may surprise some here, but farm people or those who grew up
> around a lot of animals have known of it all along.

Spike, I am quite sure that what Damien found hilarious was not the
fact that animals enjoy gay sex-play, but rather the fact that various
religious leaders had such an insane reaction to the museum display
with this theme...

I mean ...

"
 A Lutheran priest said he hoped the organisers
would "burn in hell," and a Pentecostal priest
lashed out at the exhibition saying tax payers'
money used for it would have been better spent
helping the animals correct "their perversions and deviances".
"

Uhhhh ... I don't want these people contributing to the Coherent
Extrapolated Volition!!!!!

-- Ben