[extropy-chat] Just curious, it's not natural!

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Tue Oct 31 11:50:23 UTC 2006

> for instance on Sunday morning a family dresses up,
> goes to church, prays, and sings hymns-- breaking up the commercially-oriented week
> and giving the family a more positive attitude.

... very nice, unless you end up at a church that is so filled with devisiveness
that you end up fighting with your spouse on the way home... every Sunday.  I
finally said I wasn't going again. There was great consternation, and guilt
throwing, but I quit. I need to be *refreshed* and *rested* and in a good frame of
mind to face the next week, not angry and confused and resentful and tired and
arguing.

I found that organized religion generally had one major purpose: raising money.
That's what went on in *our* church!  :(

Regards,
MB, the unchurched...