[extropy-chat] Just curious, it's not natural!

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 06:48:19 UTC 2006

In the back of my mind I always-- every day-- think of
what Richard Brookhiser wrote, "...the intrusion of
previous eras into their successors... our notions of
warfare and masculinity were shaped by the era of
hunting and gathering".
Think of it: the prevalent conception of what it means
to be a male today has been very heavily influenced by
hunters who eons ago, for many hours, many days, would
lie in wait to ambush animals with razor-sharp spears.
Brookhiser went onto write, "dying and reviving gods,
the myths of agriculture, haunt Christmas trees and
the Wasteland". The collective mind of humanity (with
apologies to wiccans) is a witch's brew.