[extropy-chat] ExtroBritannia's September event - Simon Young: Transhumanism - a new religion?

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Sat Sep 2 02:03:13 UTC 2006

Robert Bradbury wrote:

> I was doing research in the Science Library at Harvard yesterday and
was
> completely floored to find a copy of "Designer Evolution" (published
in
> 2006!) with Forewords by de Grey and Freitas sitting right next to the
> books on stem cell therapies (RB 155.Y685).
>
> Now the question I'm puzzling about is *who* donated, or suggested to
the
> management the purchase of, this book?  Even the largest academic
library
> in the world doesn't have *every* book -- particularly recent
> publications.

I appreciate your excitement at finding this book at hand.  You might be
interested to know that this book is also on hand in the following
libraries in California:

OXNARD PUBLIC LIBRARY, Oxnard
UCLA Library, Los Angeles
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
Los Angeles Public Library, Los Angeles
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla
University of San Diego, J S Copley Library, San Diego
Sunnyvale Public Library, Sunnyvale

(and one scanned to PDF on my server.)

- Jef