[extropy-chat] cryonicist's nightmare

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky sentience at pobox.com
Mon Sep 4 16:46:45 UTC 2006

spike wrote:

> Martinot Junior appears to me to have made a most unfortunate decision here.
> I want to set up my cryonics contract in such a way that my descendants have
> *no say* in what happens.  They may have too much vested interest, or more
> precisely, vested disinterest in my future.

Spike, it's probably fair enough and wise enough that there be *no*
person - descendant or otherwise - who both has the power to defreeze
you, and benefits from your defreezing.  That's just common sense.  No
need to impute such horrible motives to your kids.

Trust but verify; better yet, avoid the need for trust.  It doesn't mean
you suspect someone.  It's not an insult.  Just Standard Operating
Protocol for any security-conscious person.