[extropy-chat] Sustainability philosopy as a justification for existence

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 4 23:22:11 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Sustainability philosopy as a justification
> for existence
>
> At 01:44 PM 9/4/2006 -0400, Robert wrote:
>
> >  So one gets into a question, not of whether to kill people (erase
> > copies), but how much "run time" to give them and when they should
> > get to have it
>
> Who is this "one", white man? One might find oneself tarred&feathered
> and run out of town on a rail, or strung up quicksmart, if one
> judiciously starts musing aloud on how much runtime everyone else
> deserves to have.
>
> Damien Broderick

Ja, I have reluctantly concluded some time ago that even post singularity,
these types of questions will be answered pretty much the same as they are
now and always have been: by force.  The processes which will get the most
run-time will be those which manage to make it so themselves.  Evolution
hath spoken, regardless of whether we like what it says.