[extropy-chat] Mises article today: "How we come to own ourselves"

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Sep 7 14:17:56 UTC 2006

The Mises Institute's daily article today :

"How we Come to Own Ourselves"

http://www.mises.org/story/2291

is closely related to the heavy discussion we had here several months
ago under the Subject: "What the #$?! are rights anyway?',  a topic
that generated some anger among some women in the community
(including me (*)). Perhaps this article can help to put the topic
in a philosophical framework in order to further the develop the
concept for the H+ community.

Amara

(*) My primary comment in that extropy-chat thread:
"I would think 'right' to one's body as the most basic right that one can
have. I do not know why H+ people feel a need to debate this and why
such a basic issue is being brought up. If one doesn't accept this, then
everything else that people in the  transhuman community have discussed
during the last 20 years as desirable for their future collapses."

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI), Roma, ITALIA