[extropy-chat] the RBL racket

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Sep 11 09:11:15 UTC 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 09:57:47AM +0100, Russell Wallace wrote:

>      Apparently, the majority and the legislation think differently.
>
>    That is why we are so desperately short of time.

Come on, the sky isn't falling. Yes, we're pathetically stupid
as a species, but this doesn't mean we're going to pull another
chapter out of Diamond's.

P.S. I'm very strongly for protecting anonymous communication
on the Internet, up to the point of getting faxes from the police
and risk having a server seized (10 machines were seized in
Germany last Thursday, including some 5 Tor operator machines).

It's just that anonymity draws abuse, which is why it needs to
be a niche, not default (strong authentication (not necessarily
linked to a particular warm body) should be default).