[extropy-chat] (no subject)

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Sep 29 03:52:27 UTC 2006

At 08:08 PM 9/28/2006 -0700, Olga wrote:

> >I like "(no subject)" being the subject line on the topic of religion. Apt!
>
>And, yes ... what is it good for? Absolutely nothing! :)

Well, have to disagree. It surely serves a number of functions, as
does the instilled conviction that women and other lesser breeds are
stupider than men, etc. The fact that the alleged subject matter of
religion (one or more supposed deities) is an empty class doesn't
prevent the activity from having clear benefits, as sorcery used to,
and not just to the priestly and administrative bosses.

Not that I think Olga and I *really* disagree on any of this. :)

Damien Broderick