[extropy-chat] Tyranny in place

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 20:48:44 UTC 2006

On 9/30/06, Samantha  Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> This is way beyond the usual crap though.  This is taking off the
> gloves and exposing naked tyrannical power over all of us.   Bit by
> bit they have worn us down until now they can come out with something
> this over the top egregious and most of us just say that we can't be
> bothered to do much more than send a bit of email.

Yeah. I was expecting small erosions like the prison for spammers law I was
ranting about recently, things governments can get away with because people
go "well, that only applies to [disliked group] so the rest of us are okay".
I wasn't expecting something as blatant as openly overturning core
principles of civil rights, not this decade at least.