[extropy-chat] a nano question

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 3 23:10:31 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Amara Graps
> Subject: [extropy-chat] a nano question
>
> Hi Patricia,
>
> The easiest way to remember is that nano is (greek) 10^{-9} meters
>
> One billion is 10^9, so then 1/(10^{9}) = 10^{-9} = one billionTH
> Amara

Ja that works, or another way is to think of milli, micro, nano, pico as
being almost in alphabetical order.  Everyone already knows milli and micro,
so the fact that those two are out of order shouldn't mess up you.*

spike

*  "mess up you" is an example of how clumsy is our language if we
rigorously avoid ending a sentence with a preposition.