[extropy-chat] Best To Regard Free Will as Existing

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 03:41:33 UTC 2007

Hi Thomas,

Could you somehow rephrase your objection/question,
I'm afraid I don't really understand it. Exceptional
reading comprehension is not one of my strengths.

The point that I'm trying to make is that if "free
will" (as it is commonly interpreted) really exists
(which I don't believe at all) then perhaps we should
all acknowledge that it is quite limited (severely in
my opinion). If it were not limited, I would have
everything I've ever wanted, no matter how
fantastical. Furthermore, these severe limitations
appear to me to be so numerous and arbitrary that they
reduce the meaning of "free will" to the point of
being meaningless; because "free will" doesn't exist.
That's just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to
their own.

Best Wishes,

Jeffrey Herrlich